A virus first detected in Wuhan, China has infected thousands of Chinese citizens and has now spread to a number of other countries. As the virus has an incubation period of up to 14 days without the patient displaying symptoms, people can be infectious without realising. Due to the volume and contagiousness of the virus the World Health Organisation has declared on March 11th, 2020 the situation a pandemic.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
The symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
Note: Not everyone with a cold or upper respiratory symptom needs to get tested for COVID-19. Only a person with symptoms and travel history can do the test.
HOW CAN YOU AVOID CATCHING OR SPREADING THE VIRUS?
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands on a regular basis with soap and hot water for a minimum of 20 seconds – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
WHO TO CALL IN CASE OF EMERGENCY?
- NHRA: +973 1711 3333
- COVID-19 Hotline: +973 17246769
- 24/Hour Hotline: 444 set by the Bahrain Ministry of Health to report symptoms/questions about COVID-19
- Ministry of Health at: 105
- Saudi Ministry of Health at: 937
- Saudi Ministry of Health Teleconsultation Service available on the Sehha App
- Preventive Health Committee in case of any suspected case: 151
- MOH Ambulance: 112 / 911
- Ministry of Health: 1214 / www.moph.gov.lb
- Red Cross: 140
- For Coronavirus symptoms: +961 76 592 699
- Ministry of Health at: 0801004747
- SOS Médecins for Emergencies / Consultations: 0522 98 98 98
- Hotline 16000 set by the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH)
- 80 10 19 19, Ministère de la Santé/Cellule Coronavirus
- 190, SAMU (Service d’Aide Médicale Urgente)
- Ministry of Health & Prevention at: 80011111
- Dubai Health Authority at: 800342
- “Estijaba“ service at the operation center – Department of Health at: 8001717
- SEHA – AUH: Dedicated WhatsApp Number for all COVID-19 queries: +971563713090
- Teleconsultation Service available on the MyNextcare App, to get the chance to call and speak to one of Health At Hand doctors from the comfort of your home or office. Download the MyNextcare App now.
You can also download the MyNextcare App to:
- Search for healthcare provider within your network
- Submit and track medical claims
- Read through health tips and tidbits
Sources & References: